social media coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is a creative, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual who will be an integral member of the Marketing and Communications department. Responsibilities include filming and editing videos, running Instagram and Facebook campaigns, managing influencer interns, helping to create outreach and engagement strategies for organizational initiatives through digital channels, as well as creating high-quality, engaging content. You will work out of the Wolfond Centre in Toronto, and provide support to eight different Hillels across the province. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to try something new, take risks, fail and learn from the past while maintaining their passion and sense of humour.
- Manage all Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat accounts in order to increase reach and engagement, and support local campuses with social media strategies
- Write captions, posts, articles, listicles, scripts, and blogs for the website
- Film and edit video content for web formats like YouTube and Facebook
- Assist the Marketing & Communications team with the creation of e-newsletters
- Take the lead on any advertising/boosting efforts, utilizing SEO
- Develop social media strategies to support fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Work with the VP, Education & Engagement to manage an incoming cohort of Influencer Interns
What you’ll do well:
- You’re a social media maven with strong copy, design or photography skills and can increase awareness to engage with an audience.
- You’re a relationship guru who can work well with different types of people.
- You excel at crafting communications and are able to write in a way that is compelling to a myriad of audiences through a broad spectrum of media.
- You’re a fearless risk taker who thrives on solving problems with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You’re a recent university grad with professional or volunteer experience or an educational focus in Communication, Social Media (minimum instagram, snapchat, Twitter), PR, Marketing or related field.
- While resilient, you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re passionate and excited about Jewish life & university students
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary in the not-for-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role $30,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Amazing colleagues
About Hillel Ontario:
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 13,500 Jewish students across nine universities, and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.