The Creative Strategist will be a dynamic individual who is a graphic designer by profession, and have a natural aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving. Successful applicants will be proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut, etc) and eager to learn new skills as they relate to the field of design and user experience. The Creative Strategist will have advanced knowledge of web-design platforms, have coding experience, and be able to take the lead on digital projects.
- Provide graphic design services and support to Hillel Ontario’s campuses.
- Maintain brand guidelines.
- Oversee design and development of Hillel Ontario’s web properties.
- Work across the organization to develop and/or support content strategies.
- Repackage traditional content into web-friendly and digital-first formats.
- Support new campaigns with creating web-based platforms and solutions.
What You Will Do Well:
- Be a fast learner who is flexible and adaptable.
- Work creatively within a team environment.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills that allow you to work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Take direction.
- Resist complacency and always strive for excellence.
- Be a data nerd and relationship maven.
- Fluency in graphic design with a strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of typography, best practices in design and foundations, and Adobe suite.
- Excellent web design and development is essential, with knowledge of online platforms (i.e. Wordpress, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex information into easily-understood, beautiful visual formats.
- Ability to understand overarching strategy while maintaining focus on details.
- Strong photography and/or video editing skills are a plus.
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $35,000 - $37,500.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About Hillel Ontario:
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 13,500 Jewish students across nine universities, and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.
As part of its recently completed Strategic Plan (available for review upon request), Hillel Ontario is in the process of expanding its student peer-to-peer engagement programs as a way of broadening our campus reach. We will also be reconvening our Student Leadership Council, which launched this year and drew representatives from our nine campuses, re-configuring our teen engagement program, and cultivating our relationships with Jewish communal organizations. The Manager, Education and Engagement will take a lead role in each of these efforts.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your portfolio (which must include at least one example of a web development project you have executed) to Jaime Walman, at email@example.com no later than May 4th, 2018.